Re: Re: Homevision Text over external video

Quoting eamonnogorman <eamonnogorman@xxxxxxx;:

>   ia m using my VCR SCART Input to modualte the signal onto coax
> which is sent around the house. So the Video out goes like this:-
>
> SKY BOX Video Out (from scart lead) to HV Video Input
> HV Video Output to VCR Scart Input
> VCR RF Output to tv's over coax. TV's tuned to Video chan, whcih is
> shwtcihed to SCART Input chan (L1).

Just a stab in the dark....

Are you using a SCART to 4 or 6 Phono plug lead from the Digibox ?

Have you tried bypassing Homevision ie connecting the digibox phono to the
VCR
phono to ensure that the video signal is there?

The reason I ask is that on SCART to Phono leads the markings can be
ambiguous
to say the least. At work we had two such leads that were identical in
every
respect apart from one...

Lead One - The plugs that said OUT were coming OUT from the SCART and the
plugs
that said IN were going IN to the SCART - It was logically labelled.

Lead Two - The plugs that said OUT were going IN to the SCART. They were
marked
for the sockets you should have connected them to (ie The VideoOUT lead
would
connect to VideoOUT of your DVD player to feed it IN to the SCART).
Likewise
the plugs that said IN were actually coming OUT of the SCART.

Policeman - Excuse me sir, are you aware that this is a one way street.
Driver - Yes officer, I am only going one way.
Policeman - but you are going the WRONG way sir.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv