Re: Re: BT Wiring Question

Quoting paul_watkin <groups@xxxxxxx;:

> Many thanks for the responses.
>
> I am planning on using the Leviton Telephone Line Distribution Module
> (TLDM) found at the following URL, it includes a small patch cord
> that acts as a bridge between the 4 incoming lines and the matrix of
> distribution ports
>
> http://www.leviton.com/pdfs/lin/LINsections_2003/LIN_HScat_SMPanels-
> Modules.pdf.
>
> Is this qualifying as an NTTP?

I would doubt it.

1. It is intended for the US market so doesnt carry the BABT "Green
Spot"

2. Proper NTTP's are based around Krone Strips and the engineer can plug in
test cord which separates the line from the customer equipment and allows
him
to test both ways. I cant see that this unit performs that function.

If this is for home use I would opt for 1 or more NTE5's located out of the
way
and then connect your kit (whatever that might be) to the faceplates. If it
looks "bog standard" from the engineers point of view you are
less likely to
have problems.

HTH

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx