RE: Re: Homevision Text over external video

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Homevision Text over external video
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:30:53 -0000

> I have a scart lead running from my SKKY Box to VCR Scart in. But HV
> is sitting in the middle of this, with the video out from SKY fed
> into HV and then back out to the VCR scart.
>
> I use the VCR coax out put to distribut it around the house.
>
> I onow what you are saying about deterioration if I use composite,
> but this does'nt really apply in my case,as everthing is over coax
> anyway.

I'm not 100% sure of it Eamon but I'm pretty sure that that won't work.
Even
when it does I decided it wasn't worth the effort really. ;)

ISTR reading that all video *HAD* to go over composite for it to work
otherwise it was a total non-starter.

IIRC there was something about certain devices stripping out the overlay
information and I'd bet that the overlay is there to the video but it'll
not
be passed onto the coax. Keith will probably know a lot more about that
malarkey than I do.

K.