Re: Learning Robotics and Microcontrollers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Learning Robotics and Microcontrollers
  • From: ian.bird@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:36:08 +0000

I have used both PIC and the Atmel ATMega range of controllers. There is a
wealth of information on both flavours on the web and as always they have
their own quirks. If you have specific questions then fire away but the
topic is too big for a general guess. Include the amount you are willing
to spend as this may dictate where you go.

I have found the pdf files for the various chips are very helpful but you
have to learn how to read them as they are a little dry. There are also
yahoo lists for almost anything you can hang out on.

There are also lots of other uC platforms I know nothing about.

Don't forget electronics usually means circuits somewhere and breadboard
only goes so far. I have some electronics pages on my site at
http://www.mollyology.com so have
a look and enjoy.

Ian

"Yahoo" <yahoo@xxxxxxx;