RE: Tivo os version

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Tivo os version
  • From: "Smith, Gary" <gtsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:03:43 -0000

I find that TyTool is does everything for "I want to rip to DVD-r from
my
TiVo and remove add, and even create a menu on the the DVD"

The is a small host file installed into \var\hack   tserver.tcl       (from
memory)

and then a Windows based app - TyTool

The process I follow is:

Run Tserver.tcl - I telnet into the tivo, cd \var\vack, tserver.tcl

then on my PC I load TyTool

Put in the IP Address of your Tivo, download the Now Showing list and the
pick the program you want to extract.
Once extracted you can then make a key file for editing, edit the ty file
remove ads etc, mux the files, then make DVD ISO file complete with Menu.

Thats it..... in fact it was this process that made me purchase a DVD
writer!!

Pity Sky+ does not have such a useful array of hacking!

Any opinions expressed in email are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of the company. This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient or
entity to who they are addressed. It may contain material protected by
attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, or a
person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this email in error and that any use is strictly
prohibited.
Random House Group IT Department helpdesk +44 (0) 1206 255900.
http://www.randomhouse.co.uk
http://www.booksattransworld.co.uk
http://www.kidsatrandom.co.uk

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx