Making a plasma less obtrusive...

Just some random thoughts...

The big objection that many SWMBOs have to plasma TVs is that they
"look
huge and dominate the room".

However, the same SWMBO is typically happy to have a mirror of "plasma
TV
size" hung in the same place....

So... how about making a plasma TV do the same job as a mirror - mount a
high-def camera pointing into the room from "behind" the plasma,
have some
"mirror-image" software running to flip the image left-right, and
display in
real time.

The only "mounting camera behind plasma" kit I've seen is
commercial and
VERY expensive... Anyone got any brighter ideas.

Oh, and in case you're interested, the application where I've seen the kit
in use was in monitoring of secure facility. The plasma TV was mounted
directly opposite the front door, and continually ran CNN... as a result
the
eye of anyone entering the building was naturally drawn to it... giving
them
a "full face picture" opportunity as they walked in for the
camera hidden
behind to fire at the security monitors / face recognition stuff :-)

M.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx