RE: Free copy of Lindows

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 10:30, Dean Barrett wrote:
> So does anyone else use Lindows here ?
>
> Following my Outlook disaster - 50,000 emails down the drain - I
wonder if a
> Linux based system would lose data the same ?
>
> I've tried Lindows a couple of times, but have never had a spare PC to
run
> it on long term - i'm now keen to do that following my little
disaster.

> The question is - is Linux better than Windows :)

I don't know.  I haven't used Windows since the days of Windows 95, so
presumably it's improved a bit.  The only time I've ever lost all my
email was when I inadvertently clobbered the drive they were on.

I used to have Windows 98 dual booting with Linux, but one day Windows
stopped booting altogether.  Eventually I blew away that partition and
I've never bothered with Windows since.  I did try to install Windows
2000 a couple of months ago, to play with xPLHal but it wouldn't
install.  It kept asking for drivers that I didn't have and couldn't
find on the net.  Maybe my hardware isn't supported, I don't know.

Gordon.