RE: [OT] Can i copy a Laptop hardrive over network ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Can i copy a Laptop hardrive over network ?
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:53:58 -0000

Thanks Matthew et al, for the info.

I've just checked Norton Ghost on Amazon and it seems to get some stinking
reviews ? - is everyone using 2003 version or earlier ?

I had forgotten about the -no network- connection with a new harddrive :)

Network card is a PCMCIA thingy - so hopefully might be able to get it
going - will be coming back for somemore advice when i've got a nice image
on a network PC...

The Acronis software recomended by Pete also looks good.

Dean.

Try our amazing lighting demonstration online now, and watch in
realtime via our webcam. Click below and follow the CBus links.
www.rolec.net
dean@xxxxxxx
Tel: 01908-210677
Fax: 01908-210678
The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it by
anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Rolec
Group or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient
please
contact wrongmail@xxxxxxx