RE: Re: Plasma wall mounting

Not at all.  Hold on a mo, I'll go measure the exact distances......
=20
....it's about 145cm off the ground, and the sofa is about 230cm from the
screen.  Our old 36" was obviously at eye-level, but we quickly got
used to
the screen being a bit higher.  It's on a tilting brick, so it's facing
dow=
slightly, probably no more than 3 or 4 degrees.  This give the advantage of
not reflecting the ceiling lights when they're on, and the screen never
get=
dusty!  It also means that the front 3 speakers all sit on the shelf above
the fireplace.We did think about mounting it in the corner where the old
screen was, but even if we had it so that it folded away, the space created
would effectively be useless in terms of using it for anything.  We were
warned about positioning the screen above the fire (due to the heat), but
w=
ran some tests, and even when the fire has been on for hours (which it
neve=
is), the temp didn't rise more than a couple of degrees above the ambient
room temp, which I guess means that most the heat is going straight up the
chimney, but that's another problem!
=20
For our room, the most balanced place to put it was on the fireplace rather
than in the corner, plus, as I say, it made the speaker layout more
sensible.  Plus the mount was only =A380, compared to something scary for
t=
he
corner mounts (I had a very strict SWMBO-imposed =A33k budget for
everythin=
g).
I can email you some photo's if you want.
=20
Pete