Garage Light

Hello all,

Well I've dipped my toe into the world of home automation - my fish
tank lights are now controlled via X-10 - what fun being able to turn
the lights on and off from my computer!!

So, I can't stop my self planning what else to automate (as funds
allow...;-)

What I want to do now is fit a standard security flood light to the
wall on my garage (which is detached from the house). I have mains
there already, so no problem with that.

I have a separate PIR which will be switching the mains as is usually
expected.

I also want to be able to X10 control the light, and so have an LM12
light module which I was going to install in circuit.

So far so good. I've come to the conclusion that it would be useful
to be able to switch on the light irrespective of PIR and X10 control
both from the Garage and from inside the house (from a light switch
in the Kitchen for instance)

I don't want to pull more cable into the garage as this is now quite
difficult, and so I thought I should be able to use X10 to help me
here. Obviously the local switch in the garage can be a simple mains
switch to "short circuit" the PIR and X10 controller.

But remotely I thought I should be able to install a system where-by
a switch sends an X10 signal (to my computer?) which then triggers
the X10 module in the Garage to turn the light on.

A further extrapolation to this would be to have the PIR to trigger
an X10 to send a  message to my computer that it has been set-off,
thereby allowing me to integrate it into a future security system.

I am however an X10 newbie, and so can't see the wood for the trees
and am not sure how to best go about this all in an economical way.
Am I making it all too complicated?

Any tips and advice would be gratefully received.

Richard.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx