Re: Re: Phone cable wiring for HomeVision Phone/Serial addon...

Andrew Kilgore wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Think I will try it again with just 2 wires connected...

A lot of devices over there bring the line out on the outer pair, as that
is the
often unused second line in the building wiring.

If you use a cable with all 4 wires intact, you end up shorting out your
ringer
capacitor in the phone socket, depending on polarity, either all phones
will
ring nonstop or you will have a line that cuts callers off as soon as it
rings.

Try with 2, and if that works you may need to make up a breakout style
cable to
get your phones downstream of the device, I had to do that with my US
sourced
fax switch some time back. It however shipped with 2 or 3 adaptors to allow
you
to plug phones into the second pair so the need for it was a bit more
obvious.