Phone cable wiring for HomeVision Phone/Serial add on...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Phone cable wiring for HomeVision Phone/Serial add on...
  • From: "Andrew Kilgore" <amkilgore@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 02:39:26 -0000

Someone please help - It's late, I'm tired...
Have spent the last few hours trying to get my newly accquired HV
Phone/Serial add on (Version I) to work.

It's not playing ball and I think it's because I don't have the right
cable.
CSI's manual states:
"Connect a standard two or four wire phone cable..."

Have tried a number of different cable configurations:

(All cables: Pins numbered left to right with contacts face up and
furtherest away (if that makes ANY sense whatsoever!)
BT Pins 1 and 6 not connected)
Cable 1:
BT Pin 2 ---> RJ11 Pin 2
BT Pin 3 ---> RJ11 Pin 1
BT Pin 4 ---> RJ11 Pin 4
BT Pin 5 ---> RJ11 Pin 3

Cable 2:
BT Pin 2 ---> RJ11 Pin 4
BT Pin 3 ---> RJ11 Pin 3
BT Pin 4 ---> RJ11 Pin 2
BT Pin 5 ---> RJ11 Pin 1

Cable 3:
BT Pin 2 ---> RJ11 Pin 3
BT Pin 3 ---> RJ11 Pin 4
BT Pin 4 ---> RJ11 Pin 1
BT Pin 5 ---> RJ11 Pin 2

Cable 4:
BT Pin 2 ---> RJ11 Pin 1
BT Pin 3 ---> RJ11 Pin 2
BT Pin 4 ---> RJ11 Pin 3
BT Pin 5 ---> RJ11 Pin 4

Some of these configurations work "slightly", but not as it
should.
I'd be very grateful if some kind soul could put me out of my misery and
let me know the correct wiring for the cable.

Many thanks,
Andy.

---