RE: Re: OT Document archiving...continued

Sorry to bring this up again.....

I am now a proud owner of an HP scanjet 5550c with an ADF.

It comes with PaperPort 8 and some other programs I have not yet played
with....

So far I have managed to scan in some documents and save them as PaperPort
documents, and they are HUGE!

I then tried another way and they were about 500KB, in the right direction,
I then played with the "scan to file" button which saves the
document to an Adobe PDF file of slightly bigger (by a couple of kilobits)
file.

What would you experienced users recommend I use? I am not too worried
about HDD space but want as small as possible but still readable!

I am still experimenting but thought some of you might have already done
what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

B.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx