RE: Door entry system

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Door entry system
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:34:24 -0000

Just found the instructions - might make my explaination a little clearer.

BT1 Door Entry Telephone Interface
The BT1 Telephone interface offers the convenience of operating a door
entry
system from an existing BT style telephone without interfering with its
normal usage. All types of domestic tone-dial telephones are compatible
with
the BT1 including cordless DECT telephones which are of great benefit to
those people with limited mobility.
The interface may also be connected onto a telephone switchboard via a
dedicated trunk line input. Please note, operation cannot be guaranteed
with
every PABX available.

Operation
The BT1 interface appears transparent to the phone line, even if the BT1 is
not powered.
When a call is made from the Entrance panel the phone will ring for a
maximum of 30 seconds, a ringing tone will be heard at the panel. When the
phone is picked up the visitor can converse with the resident and operate a
lock release by pressing the 1 key to allow access. The door will be
released for 3 seconds, during which time beeps will be heard at the
entrance and at the phone.

The operations below require a connection to an external phone
line/network:
The resident can activate the panel without a visitor initiating the call
by
picking up the handset and pressing *, then 8. The resident can then talk
anybody at the entrance and release the door with the 1 key if necessary.
If a resident is conversing with a visitor and an external phone call is
received a ring tone will be heard in the entrance panel and phone.
Pressing
the * key switches between visitor and external phone line. When the
visitor
is selected the phone at the end of the other line will hear an 'on hold'
melody. When the phone line is selected a short tone will be heard with a
long pause in between. Pressing 1 when the visitor is selected will release
the door.

Connection to the phone line
It is illegal to tamper with, or wire into, the primary master socket from
the telephone line coming into a house or office.
The BT1 must be connected between this primary master socket and any
phones,
FAX, etc inside the office/house. Connection to the primary master socket
must be made using the plug provided. A new master socket (not supplied)
can
then be wired to the BT1 using the diagram overleaf.
A maximum of 3 phones/devices (equivalent to a REN of 3) can be connected
the new master socket.