From: Simon Coates
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] ADSL - Firewalls - Routers

Ditto..ditto....
I've just got broadband (this Monday..yippee!) I too can recommend the
Vigor2600X.  They've come down in price recently as well.

It was touch and go whether BT would let me have adsl because of my
distance
>from
recently raised this to 60dB.  The attenuation at my NZ was a bit over 61dB
:o(  I persaused the engineer to test it again where the line comes into
the
house.  He even went back to the exchange and took the pair off the
exchange
and brought back a different tester.  The reading was 59.5dB :o)

The router confirms this as it reads around 59dB - and I've also got a very
poor S/N ratio - seen it as low as 9dB - but the Vigor2600X works great.
I've tested the bandwidth which nearly always close to 1/2M.  I think
there's only a few people that have signed up for adsl on our exchange so
far - so I've nearly got it all to myself - so contention isn't a problem
:o)
Also, there's a firmware update on Draytek's site for lines with high dBs.

Mark, the easiest thing is to get a 2600 and plug it into your line and
network - it does the rest!

Regards

Simon