RE: Cat5 cable for running outside

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cat5 cable for running outside
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:20:31 -0000

Rob,

Thanks. I do remember the general discussion, particularly the "don't
do it" part ;-)
I'm going to provide lightning protection and the cable will be physically
protected by tray. It's really the sheath I was worried about.

The links did throw up the right search string for Google though, so thanks
:-)

Cheers,

Tim H.

"run
> it in steel
> conduit" "buried a foot underground".
> I think the basic problem, as you've identified, is that if you run
> standard Cat5 above ground you'll suffer from sheath degradation.
>
> Oh, and I notice that the password protection has been re-introduced -
> so get the details from the front page @ http://www.ukha-archive.com/
>
> Cheers,
> 	Rob

+

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx