OT - loft floor reinforcing

I know some of you have self-built and are in other home improvement
groups,
but I'm not, and am also failing in my quest to research the following
points.
Can you help? Or have any URLs or groups or books worth looking at?

I am looking to DIY convert my loft in stages, over a year or so.
The stages should all comply with building regs, so that initially I will
have a non-compliant room that I can use for storage and tinkering with HA
kit :-), and eventually I will have a fully compliant bedroom or office
that
adds value to the property.
I am having velux windows in as part of a new roof fitting in March, and
will initially content myself with access to the loftspace via a
self-fitted
loft ladder rather than a fixed staircase (this will be the last thing to
go
in).

Problem: the floor! I'm struggling to find out what I need to do to
reinforce the floor in the loft to comply with building regs and
(eventually) be considered as a new room.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please reply off list if appropriate.

Scott

The information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is
intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient please notify us immediately.
You should not disclose the contents to any other person,
nor take any copies.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx