Re: Anyone know of a 220v USB X10 interface

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

But I'm not about to cut your head off so welcome to UKHA_D, Justin. :-)

Anyway, a USB X10 interface. I don't think there is such a thing for the UK
market so if you don't have any spare serial ports I would suggest a simple
USB
to serial adapter. These can be had for less than a tenner on ebuyer, I
have a
couple and they work a treat! However, I've not used one with a X10 PC
interface.
In the past some people have reported difficulties with certain serial
devices
and USB adapters so unless anyone can confirm a working USB -> CM12
combo it
would be a case of 'suck it and see'.

Justin.

Quoting Justin Peer <justin@xxxxxxx;:

> Found this in the US,
>
> http://www.smarthome.com/1132U.html
>
> But would like a 220v version, with either a UK or European plug type.
>
> Anyone know of one anywhere?
>
> Cheers,
>
> J.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx