[OT] - Apple Airport + Buffalo Airstation Bridge + WDS ? - has anyone done this?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [OT] - Apple Airport + Buffalo Airstation Bridge + WDS ? - has anyone done this?
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:25:40 -0000

Just to keep it vaguely on topic it's for linking up my various
computers and home automation bits in a flat where I can't add to or
change the wiring :(

I've been using an apple airport extreme base station to provide a
wireless lan. I bought a buffalo airstation bridge to provide some
wired network points at the other end of the flat that could be
accessed via the wireless network. Now despite rumours that it should
work,
http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/support/faq/wds.html
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2003/08/28/wireless_bridging.
html
I don't seem to be having any success with setting it up or have
found a step by step guide for making this work.

Has any one managed to do this and can spare some time to walk me
through the process off list?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx