From: David Buckley [mailto:db@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 31 January 2004 01:34
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: OT Document archiving...continued

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Brian G. Reynolds"
<brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx; wrote:
> Do any of you "legal" types know what the "law" is
for
> scanning documents?

I got (far too deeply!) involved in this question for a chunk of the
UK government a couple of years back, in terms of legal
admissability in court of scanned documents.  This was to process
millions of documents per annum.  Basically the aim was to prevent a
row incourt, with the oposing council saying "that document came
>from
trusted".

Based on work done (IIRC) by the BSI, the general approach is that
you must have a unified process all documents go through, so that
you can say that if you can prove document A is preserved in a
trustworthy manner, then documents B,C,... are also trustworthy, as
they have undergone the same process.

David.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx