OT Document archiving...continued

  • To: "Ukha_D (E-mail)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT Document archiving...continued
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:16:56 -0000

Following on from a posting some time back, someone mentioned PaperPort.

I understand the Fujitsu ScanSnap comes bundled with this software, does
an=
yone use this scanner? price? I am told around =A3300!

I have also found an HP SJ5530 at PC World on the web for =A3180, is this
a=
ny good?

PC World also sell the PaperPort software for =A370, seems expensive
althou=
gh I am told it is good.

Do any of you "legal" types know what the "law" is for
scanning documents?
I.e. I have every pay slip I have ever been given! as well as the usual
ban=
k statements. what I am wondering is if I scan, say, last months bank
state=
ment and destroy the original then discover that the tax man needs to see
i=
t, can I just print it and pass it over and this will be legal?

I do not own my own company just never know when I might need some bit of
f=
inancial documentation.

Thanks all,

B.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20