[OT] X-Box (XBMC) Samba share with Windows SBS network...

  • Subject: [OT] X-Box (XBMC) Samba share with Windows SBS network...
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:09:23 -0000

Hi Guys,

=20

Sorry if this is seen as off topic but I know a lot of people have X-Boxes
=
on the list and some probably have SBS  200x or Win2K server=85

=20

I am trying to configure the SAMBA shares across my Domain to a Win2K box
w=
ith a shared directory. However, when I try to browse the directory with
XB=
MC I get =91Error =96 Access Denied=92 or
=91NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUN=
D=92.

=20

I have looked on the XBMC forum but they only talk about Win2003 and the
is=
sue of the digital signature being set as encrypted by default. I have
chec=
ked this on my Domain and it is disabled, (SBS2K Default ?)

=20

If I use the =91Workgroup (SMB) Network=92 in the list I can see the
Domain=
and navigate to the machines in the domain. However when I try to open a m=
achine I get an Access Denied error message. (I=92ve listed the default
bel=
ow)

=20

<bookmark>

<name>WORKGROUP (SMB) Network</name>

<path>smb://</path>

</bookmark>

=20

I thought I would have to use:

=20

<bookmark>

<name>SMB Network Share</name>

<path>smb://DOMAIN;username:pwd@MyWindowsServer/music/</path>

</bookmark>

=20

=20

A couple of related questions=85=20

=20

Does the =91Xbox=92 need to be listed as a computer in the Domain ?

Does / Can the Xbox be configured to =91Log on=92 to the domain ?

=20

All very frustrating=85=85

=20

Nigel