Re: Am I putting enough CAT5 into my house

  • Subject: Re: Am I putting enough CAT5 into my house
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:47:34 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@b...> wrote:
> Patrick Lidstone wrote:
>
> >  and/or weather station.
>

> Are there any cheap HA friendly weather stations out there? I looked,
> and only found hideously expensive or proprietary systems :-(
>
> Wind speed/direction, rainfall, humidity, sunlight, temperature and
> pressure sampled somewhere between once per second to once every
minute
> on a formatted serial output would be ideal.

Skyview Systems http://www.skyviewsystems.com/ is
a good starting point.
I think the Oregon WM918 has now been discontinued - but it functions
exactly as you state, and there's a plethora of free/cheap software
available from e.g. the weather underground (which also includes xAP
support, so you can get the weather info straight on to your desktop,
or use it as the basis for heating control decisions etc).

Patrick