Re: Ethernet Boards

Robert Welsh wrote:

>>What are your plans for this Ethernet board? Are you looking
>>for some thing to roll your own code and hardware or just
>>something you can bolt onto?
>>

>Hi Ian,
>
>Right now I'm in the very formative stages of a plan - and as far as
the
>"Ethernet board" is concerned I'm looking at something I can
bolt onto. Now,
>if I'm right, the Ethernut board gives me more than that - it's a
complete
>microcontroller/RAM board with Ethernet access. If I was to use
something
>like the Modtronix board that Ant and co used then I'm going to require
>another board to marry to it. So, in some ways, as I'm starting out
from a
>blank canvas the Ethernut board gives me a cleaner all in one solution
(or
>at least starting point, if not solution). T

Take a look at the Rabbit boards too - the dev kits come with the C
development software and are fairly fast and have large amounts of RAM /
Flash.   I use them in the xAP to C-Bus gateway. The cores can work out
as low as £30 ish for smaller versions with Ethernet, although I use a
larger varaint as it allows me to be sloppier in my coding !

http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/

Kevin