Re: Ethernet Boards

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:41:18 -0000, Robert Welsh
<bob-ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Earlier this year there was a spate of folks buying/developing/looking
at
> Ethernet boards.
> I think, IIRC, Ant even did a mini-bulk buy.
>
> Anyone care to update with latest experiences ?

Yes, I did! Bought in a load of the Modtronix SBC45 boards for various
people, ISTR they worked out at about 25 quid a pop. Very happy with
mine, which I used primarily as an ethermet front end for a DMX
lighting controller, and a couple of the other boards are doing
miscellaneous interfacing jobs around the house. Not heard any
experiences from any of the others, although I've just noticed the
bulk buy topic on AH has attracted a few posts that I hadn't
previously noticed.

I'll be doing another modtronix buy as soon as he has
power-ver-ethernet support.

cheers

ant