RE: [OT] Samsung Plasma

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Samsung Plasma
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:47:33 -0000

Not much around at the moment but there is some stuff on the usenet groups.
Just signed up to Giganews on an unlimited package for usenet access. They
have 50 days retention on usenet binary groups. Unlimited downloads for
$24.99 per month. They also have a European based server so I'm getting
400KB/s + constant download speeds.

Signed up also to www.newzbin.com who offer a usenet indexing service.
Didn't know of the existence of .nzb files which make accessing stuff off
usenet soooo much easier! Just signed up for 55 days access for $4 and done
a search on HDTV which threw up some stuff. Mainly HiDef captures from the
US. Interesting though!

Import the .nzb files into grabit and painless usenet downloading.

Due to the benefits of Blueyonder Broadband (3MB due to be upgrade to 4MB
in
Jan) I've downloaded 73GB since 1/12

Good job I've got this nice little 250GB SATA drive to fill but I bow to
your superior storage capacity Phil!

Cheers
Don