Re: [OT] Anyone using smartner email pusher?

On 05/12/2004 at 12:10 UKHA wrote:

>On 03/12/2004 at 23:42 ho yin ng wrote:
>
>>http://www.smartner.com
>>
>>Is anyone using this?
>>
>>Would like to hear your feedback on this service, and have a couple
of
>>questions to ask.
>>

>d) I'm *guessing* but since you can't have gprs running and receive
calls
>that this is either using gprs and disabling calls (useless) or simply
>sending a series of sms/mms messages and putting them back together
again
>once all received (hack)...=20

I've just found a document that says that for Symbian devices (like your
p9=
10) you can ONLY use a gprs connection even if the device is in its
cradle.=
=20

"In Symbian devices, you can notice that the client is running OK on
the
background if there is a GPRS connection icon on your phone=92s screen. In
=
Pocket
PC devices, you see a small Duality logo in the lower right corner on the
T=
oday
screen, which indicates its status."

"5.2.1 Reading Emails
New emails arrive to your phone automatically whenever you receive new
emai=
and your push client is running and there is a GPRS network coverage. If
GP=
RS
network connection is lost the Duality Push Client tries to reconnect
automatically."

"5.6 Docking the Device to its Cradle
Docked operations are available only for Windows Mobile devices. Duality
Pu=
sh
Client for Symbian devices operates always over GPRS connection."

Not good IMHO

Andy