Re: [OT, but caused by HA] Ceilings

I have a passionate hatred for artex and over the years have tried a=20
number of things to remove it from previous houses.  Pretty much the=20
only sensible solution was to get it replastered. (Which we did room=20
by room as we redecorated).

Only problem with this solution is that you need to find a=20
plasterer.  We eventually found a chap who lived nearby and would pop=20
round to do the odd room on a Saturday morning!=20=20

My reason for recommending this apparently extreme route is that=20
everything else was more expensive (compare price of tubs of polyskim=20
etc to trade price of plaster skim) and took (me) 5-10 times as long=20
plus associated foul language and being permanently annoyed that it=20
didn't look as good as a well plastered finish.  Generally, our man=20
did a ceiling of a normal room in a couple off hours max and charged=20
around =A3100 (cash).

BTW - I was also told (although can't actually vouch for this) that=20
it is highly unadvisable to sand off old artex - I understand that it=20
used to contain some pretty nasty toxic stuff.=20=20=20

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "JT @ Home" <Jonathan@j...> wrote:
> Wonder if that polycell 'paint on filler' type of thing would be of=20
any
> use??
>=20=20
> Just a thought.
> Jonathan.
>=20=20
HA
> proof)
> >=20
> > Cheers
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> -S
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D1296sb1r3/M=3D283686.4531047.5839501.442002
9/
>=20
D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:HM/EXP=3D1101990270/A=3D2044486/R=3D0/SIG=3D10svm=
8ftb/*h
tt
> p:/www.theironshop.com> click here
>=20
>=20=20
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=3D283686.4531047.5839501.4420029/D=3Dgroup