[OT] Has anyone got a Ferguson DAB/FM radio ?

  • Subject: [OT] Has anyone got a Ferguson DAB/FM radio ?
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:48:17 +0000

I just bought one of the Ferguson DAB/FM portable radios from Currys
current offers at half price (£60). Great value cf some of the others
as is stereo and FM and has inbuilt alarm and mains/battery powered.
However it buzzes :-(   . When mains powered there is a distinct low
level mains buzz, from the inbuilt  transformer I guess. This happens
whether the unit is on or off  and is not passed through the
amplification circuits.. It is loud enough such that it can't be used as
a bedside radio. Has anyone else got one and can they confirm theirs
buzzes too - or is mine a rogue unit ?  ( if in a noisy environment
listen close to the air vent on rear of the unit).

Kevin