RE: After a stereo amplifier (many!)

  • Subject: RE: After a stereo amplifier (many!)
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:34:52 -0000

Gareth,

Been thinking about this a bit more, CPC have various amplifier modules (I
=
take "module" to mean pre-assembled), plus power supplies.=20

CPC p/n HK00233 is a two-channel amplifier module w/ 30W RMS per channel
in=
to 4ohm speakers (IIRC that makes it 15W into 8ohm speakers). Actually the
=
description is a little confusing for this one as to whether it's 2x30W,
or=
2x15W.
Price is 17-ish quid plus vat. The only downside is that it requires a 12V
=
**AC** power supply drawing 2amps.=20

There's another similarly priced amp module which accepts 12V DC, p/n
HK003=
68, but that's 20W RMS into 4ohm, also drawing 2A.

For power supplies:
12V DC 10A, p/n HK00790 costs 67-ish plus vat.
12V DC 5A, p/n HK00788 costs 29-ish plus vat

Add a rack-mount case, connectors etc. and cables and that's probably
anoth=
er 100 quid or so

Totalling up:
Modules: 	8 x 17 =3D 136
PSUs: 		2 x 67 =3D 134
Case etc:	1 x 100 =3D 100
Total =3D 370 GBP, plus VAT is approx GBP 435.

While you don't need to do too much soldering to make the amps themselves,
=
you would need to assemble all the modules and power supplies etc. Maybe
so=
meone on the list would assemble it for you for a modest fee (I'm not
hinti=
ng at me BTW, I wouldn't trust my soldering enough to do a job for someone
=
else ;-)  )

HTH,

Tim H.
(no connection etc. to CPC other than a satisfied customer)