Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Audio distribution in a bar lounge

  • Subject: Re: Audio distribution in a bar lounge
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:58:17 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stephen Jones" <ukha@i...> wrote:

> The 36/50 unit looks like it may suit. From a quick glance,
> it seems it's a 6 source, 2 zone mixer/amp combining
> stereo signals to drive 100v line mono
> speakers.

I have the four channel version, the earlier version of the 46/50
which used for whole house audio at my last house.  Based on
experience with that...

It doesnt combine, it switches.  Each zone can be fed from one of
several stereo sources, summed to mono.

Also, I believe the 100V line is an optional extra.

There are remote controls available as well, so the amp can be in
the office and just have a plate (same size as UK double socket)
behind the bar with volume and selector.

> Any ideas for what to use as the sources?

Much harder.

Any or all of - a real jukebox, CD multiplayer, stack of CD
multiplayers driven by a slink-e, hard disk playback, either
commercial (eg tunebase) or built from a PC with some software and a
load of ripped CDs.  Dont forget to plug the telly into it for the
footy matches or whatever.  Cassette deck and tuner from richer
sounds.   And a pair of input sockets where the DJ sets up, so the
DJ can be fed (quietly) to the lounge.