Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Audio distribution in a bar lounge

  • Subject: Audio distribution in a bar lounge
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:04:55 +0100

I've been asked by a friend to put an audio system into a bar, but a bar
isn't quite the same as houses, right? I've never done this type of system
before but would like to do it seeing as it's a friend who has asked me and
it'd be an excuse to visit the bar on a few occasions to "review the
acoustics" :)

Would anyone care to comment on what type of kit would be suitable for a
setup of this nature? I think there will be two zones [1] the bar area and
[2] the lounge, which are both pretty large areas. I presume the use of a
HD
based sound server would be the easiest and most reliable to use on a daily
basis?

I haven't actually seen the bar yet as it's in Co.Cavan, which isn't
exactly
local to me, but I'd hope the setup in one bar wouldn't be that different
from the next apart from the number of speakers, assuming the
source/distribution kit suits??

Or if anyone local to Cavan wants to get involved give me a shout.

TIA

SJ