Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: OT: Interesting Outlook problem

  • Subject: RE: OT: Interesting Outlook problem
  • From: "Jon Whiten" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:48:54 +0100

To sort a similar problem I created a custom form for the contact folder
that was the same as the standard contact form but with the addition of the
following code:

Function Item_Close()
If Not Item_Saved Then
Prompt = "Do you want to save " & Item.FullName &
"?"
If MsgBox(Prompt, vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "Sure?") = vbYes
Then
Item.Subject=left(Item.CompanyName,15) + ".." +
Item.LastName + "," + Left(Item.FirstName,1)
Item.Save
Else
Item_saved = True
End If
End If
End Function

Obviously culled from somewhere and modified but I have no idea where from!

This had two benefits:

1.	CTRL K does what you are looking to do
2.	When you are in the address book when creating an email all the
contacts for a company are grouped together.

HTH

Regards

Jon Whiten
http://www.whiten.co.uk