Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: OT: Interesting Outlook problem

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:04:53 +0100, you wrote:

>Thanks David,
>
>I use LookOut already... But its not what I meant!
>
>I'll try and explain better
>
>I have my contacts filed on a shared public folder which all copies of
>outlook use.
>
>All contacts are saved with the "Name" field as the name of
the person.
>However, the "File As" field is set to the company they work
for.

>When you create a new email, what I would like to be able to do is type
in
>the company name of where I want the email to go (into the
"To:" field) an=
>when I press send or CTRL-K outlook then matches the company name
against
>the "File As" field in my contacts, rather than the
"Name" one.. As
>currently that's what it tries to find the person under and consquently
>cant.
>
>I'm sure its doable... I just don't know how!

Ah, got it now :)

I'm afraid I can't help you on that one though.

I'm pretty sure it works as you want on my set-up at work, e.g. if I
type "home" to send a mail to remind myself about something, it
matches
and fills in the correct address.  Similarly with friends names or
nicknames.  It does the same on the shared company address book where
quite a few folks are known by nicknames too.

I can't check any of the settings at the moment, but I'll have a look
through the options tomorrow and see if I can spot anything that might
be connected with it.

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Audio programmer          There are three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Science Ltd.         those who can count, and those who can't...