Latest message you have seen: Are the 'KeyStone' Modular patch systems standard?

Re: new Broadband gaming console Replacement XBOX ?

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:59:07 +0100, you wrote:

>I wish I could explain this device.
>
>However quite simply, if you like the idea of an XBOX type device that
can=
play ANY PC game. Then this may be the device for you.

>http://www.phantom.net/
>
>Click on the PRODUCT DEMO and watch the video.
>
>Personally I think this is a great device. And I'm sure will be able to
pl=
ay videos and music as well.

The aptly named "Phantom" has been around for quite a while now
in one
form or another, but as yet there doesn't seem to be either real
hardware or the support structure for it.

The "word on the street" in the development community is that
nobody
seems to be actively involved in this project, either writing new games
or porting existing ones, and there's a strong feeling that the business
model for downloadable content isn't viable either.  (The guy behind the
project doesn't have a great reputation in the games biz either.)

Certainly nobody I know of is working on it, and I haven't heard of
anyone with development systems for it.  Since PS3 and XBox 2 dev kits
are starting to be sent out to developers now, it's probably going to be
left well behind in the race.

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Audio programmer          There are three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Science Ltd.         those who can count, and those who can't...