Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: 2nd Challange of the week. PS2 Keyboard into a usb port.

Andrew Cooke wrote:

> Hi all... This 'should' be simple but is not. And unless you have
> really done this yourself, you will be confused.
>
> Both for personal use at home and a few instances at work, I have
> needed to be able to connect a PS2 Keyboard into a USB port.
>
> This is a requirement because the new PCs and Thin Clients I have do
> not have PS2 ports.
>
> I have spent quite a lot on my keyboard and I do not want to simply
> bin it / ebay it. I really need to get my existing PS2 keyboard into a
> USB port working.
>

> Now there is no problem in picking up a PS2 to USB adaptor. I have a
> belkin one and a few others..... But they will not work with
> keyboards, they only seem to support mice.
>
> So anyone got any clever ideas ? I am happy to buy these in bulk (if
> they work) from anywhere. Just need manufac name or UK company that
> sell them.. Cheap as possible please !!!

Some of the fancier KVMs support a mix of PS/2 and USB. eg, I use a
Belkin F1DZ104T here which I think would be able to do what you want
(the 2 port version'd be cheaper of course).

Jim