Re: Automatic curtains and C-Bus

Hi John,

> Has anyone done automated curtains using C-Bus. I've had a look at all
of
> the usually HA seller sites and the offerings appear to be either
standalone
> (with timer or dawn/dusk) or with an X-10 interface. I'm just about to
start
> my first fix on my self build and want to make sure that I drop the
> appropriate cables by the windows.

I've basically done exactly as Li describes - though I use relays on my
Comfort system rather than C-Bus relays.

One thing you may want to do is run an additional Cat5 to carry power to
the curtain motor - that way you don't need to have the power supply units
located near the curtains (mine are all located centrally).

I also decided to retain the manual push buttons that come with the units -
this gives you a way of operating the curtains in the event of relay
failure.

HTH,

John