Re: Digest Number 4876

  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 4876
  • From: "Alex Kinch" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:00:54 +0100

Haven't actually got around to try it yet, but will report back on Monday
once it's had it's weekend usage. If you hear any reports of someone
driving
straight through a barrier while it's down, that'll be me. :)  Showed the
thing to a couple of mates, who were quite impressed at the sheer size of
it.

Interesting that the Dart lane accepts cash too. I was contemplating last
Saturday afternoon, stuck in traffic coming over the bridge (as you do if
you're stupid enough like me to venture out on a sunny Saturday afternoon),
why don't they make a Dart lane? That would really give people some
incentive to get a tag. Oh the fun of it.. while we're at it, why can you
swap lanes merrily on the bridge and not the tunnel? And who was the bright
spark that called it "Le Crossing" :)

Also in case anyone's remotely interested, DAB doesn't work in the tunnel.
Bah!

Alex