RE: Re: SW10G help required

  • Subject: RE: Re: SW10G help required
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:37:18 +0100

The purpose of the SW10G is to allow the control of electric shutters or
blinds by X10 commands and has the facility of not leaving them
"live" all
the time unless they are actually travelling - hence preventing external
tampering of any security shutters by the simple reversal of the up and
down
supply positive feeds.

Your screen would probably have been supplied with a simple switch which
switches the screen mechanism up and down and probably has a centre
"off"
position - the actual travel of the screen is limited by a set of end stops
that ensure that the screen is not hauled into the casing of the unit (and
hence the motor held stalled whilst powered which would destroy the moror
windings) or doesn't "wrap back" on itself if the screen is
driven beyond
it's lowest point of travel. The limit stops on the screen should be
adjustable to wherever you want them to be (usually by a hex key covered
with a sticker) - I haven't come across an electric screen yet that doesn't
have adjustable limit stops. (Similarly spurious comment.)

The "timing" accuracy of the SW10G is to a few seconds - more
than accurate
enough for the raising and lowering of a roller shutter.

Yes, I am Phil from Lets ... If the unit is not suitable for your
requirements then it may of course be returned.

Phil