RE: Automation management software

Hi Martin,

> I have had a glance at this, but it looked like I would need to do
some
> development, and
> put this down to future work.
>
> What I am really after is something that is ready built, for the time
being.

I'm sure Frank will agree that xPLHal is pretty much an out of the box
solution... he was controlling his C-Bus kit in a matter of 30 minutes...
and that's with no development or scripting required.

All you need is xPLHal, the Comfort xPL connector and the C-Gate xPL
connector - see www.xplhal.com and www.xplproject.org.uk.

It's all free (unlike Homeseer which must be purchased), it's all
open-source, and under constant development by the xPL development team,
based on feedback from the growing xPLHal user base.

There is also a cross-platform version of xPLHal under development, so if
you build your home automation system on a WIndows box initially, you'll be
able to move it over to a Linux-based box at a future point if you wish.

In addition, xPLHal is able to support xAP devices, so you'll be able to
have a mixture of xPL and xAP applications if you wish (though this will
require some VBScript coding).

Regards,

John