Din plug for laptop power supply

  • Subject: Din plug for laptop power supply
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:48:21 +0100

The power lead on my laptop power supply is damaged, wiggling it about
will=
create a connection, but the slightest movement breaks it again. It looks =
like the wire is damaged internally very close to the pluf that goes into
t=
he laptop, but that plug is a moulded unit and I don't think I would be
abl=
e to take it off without destroying it. The plug is a 4-pin din plug, a
bit=
like an s-video cable but with fatter pins. Does anyone know what sort of =
plug this may be and where I can buy one? With luck by cutting the cable
be=
fore the damaged part and then attaching a new din plug I will not have to
=
spend the =A3100 plus VAT being demanded by the laptop supplier to replace
=
the psu!