[OT] DA / Abacus Burglar Alarms

  • Subject: [OT] DA / Abacus Burglar Alarms
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 07:34:56 +0100

We have an Abacus 8R burglar alarm made by DA Detection Systems. It was
installed in the house when we moved in.

At 4:40 this morning, it very kindly sounded the internal siren to tell me
there was a power problem. Which there wasn't.

At 5:40 it did the very same.

At 5:45 it did the same again.

I noticed that the case for the control panel was pretty hot. I opened it
up
and disconnected the battery which was itself hot.

I'm assuming that it's developed some kind of power supply fault. Any idea
where I can get any advice or support? (I can't afford to replace it with
Comfort, BTW).

Cheers,
Steve