RE: Disk checking - odd problem

  • Subject: RE: Disk checking - odd problem
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 09:57:57 +0100

>From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Disk checking - odd problem
>Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 09:39:54 +0100
>

>UKHD_D disclaimer - this was nowt to do with UKHA_D
>
>A couple of years ago a group of people decided that although they
owned
>the
>original CD's of a fair sized pool of music that (collectively) they
would
>feel happier (in case of fire/burglary etc.) if there was an off site
>backup
>of their music collections and hence an "archive" was created
which
>everyone
>in that small group added their own music collections (nothing
downloaded -
>everything was owned - so no crap mp3 rips).
>
>Unfortunately even within what was just a fairly small number of people
>there were some real tagging and ripping howlers - for example
"Jean Michel
>Jarre" tagged as "Some French Tw*t" and I know that two
people spent an
>enormous amount of time and effort trying to resolve all the file
naming
>and
>ID3 tagging problems within the archive which was about 450Gb.
>
>The long and the short of it is that the archive itself was pretty much
>shite in the end - which was a shame.
>
>Phil

However, given the fact that a couple of people (myself included) have
"spent an enormous amount of time & effort trying to resolve all
the file
naming and ID3 tagging problems within the archive" one would hope
that much
of that has been resolved, so perhaps it might be time to perform another
backup?

Paul G.