Re: Solenoid valves (was Cat 5 cable)

  • Subject: Re: Solenoid valves (was Cat 5 cable)
  • From: "Steve Jones" <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:13:28 +0100

Here are some links for irrigation supplies.   The first link is useful for
info but a bit on the pricey side.

I purchased my micro bore hose, filter and valves from Evenproducts (they
seem to be a trade setup, but also seam happy to deal direct).  The valves
were proper irrigation valves 24volt (DC & AC available) and have got
pressure regulators on each unit so you can very the outlet pressure to
balance your system.  100m of micro bore hose was I think around =A36 or so
(Bargin!).

My valves are plastic and made by Bermad, they also stock Hunter valves.
The Manifold to link them together is also made of very tuff plastic and it
just screws together they do it in 3/4 and 1" BSP and the make is Dura
whic=
I think is also readily available elsewhere!.

The little bits i.e. micro drippers and sprays are available from B&Q
but
the costs soon add up for the little bits and bobs. (unless you want to buy
a 100 at a time from Even Products).

I am still in the process of doing my install but if any body want's photos
of my valve setup, let me know and I will get something emailed to you.
(send me an email off list)

http://www.garden-irrigation.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.evenproducts.com/

http://www.uicorp.net/HunValves.htm

Good luck

Steve

Regards

Steve Jones
mailto:email@xxxxxxx

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha=20