Re: Automating Wrought Iron Gates

Try these people http://www.autogate.co.uk/
(No association/connection or anything . . . !)

They have motor kits . . to install yourself.

I would think twice about X10 . . you dont want someone to open your gate
with a
palmpad! The kits above have a secure RF transmitters (rather like car
alarm remotes)
but I guess you can always hack a transmitter and use a X10
controlled contact closure (as Phil Harris said)  to make the button
connection on
remote to open gates.

HTH :)

> > Hi All
> >
> > Has anybody automated their gates before?  Mine are 6ft tall
> > * 12ft wide made of wrought iron.  Not sure of the exact
> > weight of them but they were made by Cannock.  I am trying to
> > locate a motor that could open them and I have thought about
> > the motor being on an appliance module but was wondering if
> > there are any purpose made gates openers with X10
> > functionality built in,
> >
> > Any ideas or recommendations for gate openers etc?
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > Anthony

> > This email may contain information which is privileged or
> > confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this
> > email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it
> > without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing
> > its contents to any other person Thank you
> >
> > Check us out at http://www.btsyntegra.com

> > ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits
> > for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com.
> > Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/IBOolB/TM
> >
> > UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
> > http://www.ukha2004.com
> >
> > http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >
> > Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha
Yahoo! Groups Links