RE: RE: ADSL contention rates

  • Subject: RE: RE: ADSL contention rates
  • From: "Jon Whiten" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:00:22 +0100

For work, I looked at 20:1 512 vs. 50:1 1Mb and went with the 1Mb service.
So far, I have yet to notice any "contention" so get pretty much
the full
1Mb connection ;)

Just tested at adslguide.org and got:

Direction	Actual Speed		True Speed (estimated)

Downstream	919 Kbps (114.9 KB/sec)	992 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream	236 Kbps (29.5 KB/sec)	254 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Regards

Jon Whiten
http://www.whiten.co.uk