Re: XBMC Update

  • Subject: Re: XBMC Update
  • From: "David Cole" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:30:54 -0000

Don

Yes I got it on Saturday from Suprnova, excellent.

As you say they announced on the 21st that they are approaching a Beta
release and just sorting out the bugs. Also there will be no more
developemnt on XBMP only XBMC.

Think that it's almost time to switch permanently from XBMP.

Dave

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Don McAllister" <donmc@b...> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Just tried the 24th April Build of XBMC. They seem to have sorted
out a lot
> of the ISO image problems!
>
> Out of the three full size ISO's I tried, two played the main
feature
> faultlessly. The third picked up one of the extras for some reason.
>
> The audio problems I had (ie no audio) where sown to the fact I had
digital
> output switched on when testing over an analog connection.
Switchedto analog
> and hey presto.
>
> They're getting pretty close to having a point release of XBMC
available.
> It's looking good.
>
> Don

Centre.

> > > The new additions include:
> > > added: DVD main title playback from hd/network
> > >        (both img/iso images and vob+ifo folders work, no
> > menu support)
> > > added: Scrolling RSS feed. To remove or change URL, edit
home.
xml

> > > I haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting
> >
> > I tested it by extracting Monsters Inc and creating an ISO
> > using Nero. It would only get through to the main film,
> > rather than just the THX setup if I used fast forward. Even
> > then the default audio track was the wrong one. So it's not
> > quite right yet.
> >
> > It may just be an issue with that one DVD though as I made an
> > iso just from a VIDEO_TS directory of a different film that I
> > already had on my drive and that worked fine.
> >
> > Further testing is probably needed!

> > ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits
> > for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com.
> > Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/IBOolB/TM
> >
> > UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
> > http://www.ukha2004.com
> >
> > http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >
> > Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha
Yahoo! Groups