RE: [OT]XP Help

  • Subject: RE: [OT]XP Help
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:33:31 +0100

> Just tried it again with the raid controler out of the PCI
> bus, still does it.
> I have nearly worn out the A drive with all these poxy floppies.
> Is there another way to install XP on an old machine without
> using the boot floppies?

Arse! That'll teach me to read more carefully - it hadn't registered that
you were running the install from boot floppies rather than booting from
the
CD drive. Sorry.

I know it means spending money but wouldn't it just be easier to change the
mobo or CD ROM? Is it definitely the mobo that won't boot from CD ROM? What
motherboard / processor / memory do you have? Is the CD ROM a bootable
ATAPI
drive? (I have one IDE CD ROM drive that just isn't bootable from no matter
what mobo you stick it on.) Maybe I might have something here in the parts
pile that would help?

Phil