From: anthony.kirrane@xxxxxxx [mailto:anthony.kirrane@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 22 April 2004 13:58
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: {Spam?} [ukha_d] Bargin Alert!!!!

I love mine.  The caller Display is particularly agreeable to the missus.
High score on the WAF scale for me at least.  The unit does say it supports
the Netgear MA101 WiFi among others.  I bought one and guess what it
doesn'=
work!  I called BT and was informed that only the MA101 Rev. A. works and
not
mine which is the Rev. B..  Probably a palm off so I am doing some more
research.  I am using an indoor aerial and it picked up 69 channels of TV
and
Radio.  Excellent picture on all channels.  Occasionally it has gone blocky
but not very often.  Just cancelled my cable on the back off it.  I was
paying =A330 a month for a load of channels and the only thing that ever
go=
watched was CBeebies.  That is on Freeview so big saving there for me.  I
will miss MTV Base and the occasional good thing on National Geographic but
not enough to warrant the expense of cable in these lean contracting years.
I am in the process of digging out a USB to Ethernet adapter to try that
instead of the WiFi route.  I will let you know how I get on.  The keyboard
works fine for me from a sofa to TV distance of about 5 metres.  It does
have
a built in modem which was a bonus because I did not realise that when I
bought it.  I have been on the web via that and the sites I looked at
worke=
well; Microsoft, Google, Netgear.  A bit weird navigating with a joystick
and
tab key but I don't really intend to do much browsing on the TV.  One thing
am disappointed about is the Infra Red signal it uses.  It must be the same
as my PACE cable box.  I am sending the picture around the house via
DigiSender units.  The infra red does not relay through them so I presume
i=
has something like the IrDA signal like the PACE box and my DigiSender
mode=
does not relay that.  The caller display is really cool.  You can assign a
name and picture to the number and that pops up on screen when the phone
rings.  All in all though so far it is proving to be one of my favourite
gadget purchases.  It works which is a lot more than I can say for my X10
arrrgghhhhhh!!!!!  I think it was a bargain.

Anthony Kirrane
Application Services
BT Syntegra
Waterloo Lane