Re: new house build

  • Subject: Re: new house build
  • From: "mattuk18733" <mattwmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:41:27 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "mattuk18733" <mattwmh@h...> wrote:
> I've decided to use x10 control in my new house, and have completed
> first fix, running all light switch cables and light fitting cables
> back to a central location in the garage. So I now have the option
of
> wiring the associated lights and switches together with either LD11
> or LD10 modules or standard hard wired (ie switch operates lights
> directly).
>
> The advice i'm looking for is wether it is worth connecting every
> different circuit to a LD11/LD10 or just the ones where maybe scene
> control is required (eg lounge etc).
> For example in the kitchen I have ceiling, worktop and cupboard
> lights, utility room light. Is there any benefit having these on
x10
> control.
>
> Any comments greatly appreciated.
>
> Matt Hurley

Thanks for all those comments.
Another question.
What I meant to say is i will be using LD11's and AD10's. I will have
to use the AD10's for controling my low energy lights which are now
required under the building regs (I need 4 in total such as 1 in
hallway, 1 in the landing etc), and so these will simply be "light
on" "light off" commands. Is there any way these could be
turned on
with the "All Lights On" command, or will I have to use a macro
in a
controller for this to happen.
Thanks.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha